Frozen Burrito Casserole is perfect when you are craving Mexican food but are short on time! Take advantage of pre-made burritos and dress them up for a meal the whole family will love.
Beef Burrito Casserole Recipe
Burritos are a delicious and portable meal. I love the eat them but I don’t like spending the time to make them. Enter the frozen burrito!
While the microwave is the best and quickest way to heat them up, you can cook them in the oven. When you want to feed your family with minimal prep, turn them into a delicious casserole!
I like to use frozen burritos as a shortcut when I want to make enchiladas. No one ever knows, so don’t tell my secret please:)
This Frozen Burrito Casserole is a delicious meal that will keep you out of the kitchen on a busy night so you can spend more time with your family.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
- Frozen burritos – 4 oz size, beef flavor or substitute bean burritos or cheese burritos.
- Red enchilada sauce – Make homemade or use your favorite brand.
- Salsa – Use your favorite red or green salsa.
- Chopped green chilies – Substitute chopped pickled jalapenos if needed.
- Cheese – Cheddar cheese or Pepper Jack work the best!
- Toppings – black olives, lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese, refried beans, green onions, jalapeno peppers.
How to make Frozen Burrito Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Unwrap and place burritos in the dish, in a single layer, seam side down.
- Combine the enchilada sauce, salsa, and green chilies. Spread over top of the burritos.
- Cover, place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, top with cheese, and bake another 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven.
- Serve this frozen burrito casserole with favorite toppings like sliced black olives, sour cream, diced tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
How do you dress up a frozen burrito?
Frozen burritos come in a lot of flavors but you can always go with plain bean or cheese and dress them up.
Top them with black beans, Mexi-corn, or really any of your favorite “Tex-Mex” ingredients!
What to Serve with Easy Burrito Casserole
No Frozen Burritos?
Don’t have frozen burritos but still want this delicious dish? Cook up a pound of ground beef until no longer pink. Add in some beans and veggies.
Spread the ground beef mixture in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with a layer of flour tortillas. Top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until done.
Variations on Frozen Burrito Casserole
- Use any flavor frozen burrito you want.
- Use Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- Try this with green enchilada sauce.
- Add an extra layer of refried beans for more protein and creaminess.
Best Casserole Tips
- Place the burritos seam side down to keep them from opening up while cooking.
- You can use frozen chimichangas too!
- Want to make it creamier? Substitute the enchilada sauce for a cream of onion soup.
- Top with your favorite shredded meats like chicken or pork carnitas.
- Crush up some tortilla or corn chips and sprinkle on top for some texture.
- Top with sour cream for a wonderful contrast in temperature and flavor.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, pin this to your favorite casserole Pinterest board and share it on your favorite social media channels!
This Baked Burrito Casserole is one of my favorite easy dinner recipes for a busy night and a big hit on game day!
Craving More Casseroles?
- 8 (4 ounce) frozen burritos, beef is preferred
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9x13 dish with nonstick spray.
- Place the unwrapped burritos in the dish, seam side down.
- Combine the enchilada sauce, salsa, and green chilies in a bowl.
- Spread over the frozen burritos.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, top with cheese, and bake another 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve with favorite toppings like sliced black olives, sour cream, diced tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 622mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and we can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
BestCasseroleRecipes.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.