For those busy weeknights when the entire family is running around, satisfy those hungry husbands and kids with a family favorite – a delicious 4 Ingredient Hamburger Casserole recipe!
Trust me when I say that this is one of the best recipes for an easy meal to make for picky eaters that the whole family will still love, because it’s a distinctive dish with simple ingredients.
Four Ingredient Hamburger Casserole Recipe
If you’re looking for easy dinner recipes, look no further than this simple casserole dish. Out of all the home recipes that I’ve found for cheeseburger casserole, this is one of my favorite recipes to make when you only have a little bit of time and still want exceptional food.
With salty ground beef, gooey cheese, creamy tomato soup, and tender pasta, this quick and easy dinner is the perfect recipe that everyone in the family enjoys.
If you like this one, try my Simple and Easy Ground Beef Casserole too!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
- Condensed tomato soup – Tomato soup can be swapped for tomato sauce mixed with brown sugar, salt, and cornstarch.
- Pasta shells – Swap for a gluten-free 1 lb. box of medium pasta shells if necessary.
- Ground beef – The pound ground beef is easily swap for ground turkey for a healthier recipe.
- Shredded cheese – Replace the cups cheddar cheese with mozzarella cheese or baby Swiss cheese if you don’t like cheddar.
How To Make Four Ingredient Hamburger Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Spray 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook noodles in a large pot of salted water, following package directions until cooked al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water for casserole later.
- In a large skillet, brown 1 lb ground beef on medium heat. Drain browned beef. To a skillet or large bowl, add cooked pasta, two cans of tomato soup, a half cup water, and half of the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Cover with foil and place greased dish into preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and uncover before returning beef mixture to oven.
- Cook so the remaining cheese on top is melted and bubbly. Remove and let sit for the last 2-3 minutes before serving. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
What to Serve with Hamburger Casserole
4-Ingredient Hamburger Casserole features a lot of common ingredients, so I personally recommend pairing it with some of my other favorite food recipes like a fresh Italian chopped salad with a tangy dressing, roasted broccoli, or even something simple like tater tots.
Since you’re already getting the comfort of a casserole with this meal, you can also pair it with other comfort foods, like Garlic Knots using crescent roll dough for a quick side or making something that takes a lot of time, like slow cooked green beans.
Don’t forget dessert like a Cannoli Cheese Ball!
Do you have to cook the pasta beforehand?
I recommend cooking your pasta beforehand to make sure that you get an even bake throughout your casserole.
You can allow the pasta to bake in the oven, but you’ll get much better results from cooking your pasta first.
This step doesn’t add much time, but it can make a major difference.
Can you freeze 4 ingredient casserole?
Whether you just need this casserole for the next day or you want to store it as a last minute meal, this easy hamburger casserole recipe can definitely be frozen.
Assemble the casserole according to the directions and place it in an airtight container.
Store for up to 2 months, and remove from the freezer before heating according to the recipe directions.
If you notice during reheating that the casserole is a little dry, try adding some cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup before reheating.
Can I substitute the tomato soup?
For this recipe, tomato soup can be substituted with tomato sauce. To make your own, there are several good recipes available online.
Typically they involve starting with tomato paste and adding in spices, like a tsp oregano or a tsp basil leaves.
This also allows you to adjust the rest of the seasoning, like a tsp garlic powder or onion powder, based on your personal taste. For a spicier sauce, add in a little bit of chili powder.
Best Casserole Tips
- I recommend using extra lean ground beef for this recipe (one pound of ground beef should be enough, but feel free to double if you have a bigger family).
- Use a half cup of water from your cooked pasta for a creamier casserole. You can also substitute the water for beef froth.
- Try adding a medium diced onion or garlic cloves into your beef mixture, along with some Italian seasoning. Top with black pepper and kosher salt to your preference!
- Sneak in veggies by adding green pepper or zucchini to your meat sauce.
- Mix your ground beef with Worcestershire sauce to bring out the flavor of your hamburger.
- In case you don’t have tomato soup, you can use tomato sauce or diced tomatoes.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, pin this to your favorite casserole Pinterest board and share it on your favorite social media channels!
Delicious taste in little time – this easy hamburger casserole with tomato soup is definitely an interesting food combination and one that the whole family won’t be able to get enough of. As far as quick and easy casserole recipes go, it’ll be hard to find one that is more beloved than this tater tot casserole.
Craving More Casseroles?
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. (Cook al dente o)r firm to the bite). Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water for later if needed.
- In a large skillet, while pasta is cooking, brown ground beef over medium high heat.
- Drain if desired.
- To the skillet, or a large bowl if skillet not large enough, add the pasta, two cans of tomato soup, ½ cup water, and half the shredded cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and return to oven.
- Cake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbly.
- Remove and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and we can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
BestCasseroleRecipes.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourages and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.