Delicious cheese sauce, tender noodles, mouthwatering rotisserie chicken, and packed with flavor – this Chicken Spaghetti Casserole will become a weeknight staple in your household. It’s baked into a bubbly, tasty meal in under an hour.
Table of contents
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
With tender, flavorful chicken and pasta combined with bubbly cheese, what more could your family want from a weeknight dinner recipe?
This dish is one of my family’s favorite comfort foods because it’s easy to prep ahead and saved for busy nights when you’re in a rush but don’t feel like eating out.
The best part? All of the ingredients are super simple and easy to find.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
- Spaghetti – I personally use spaghetti for this recipe, but you can change it out for angel hair or linguine.
- Whole Rotisserie Chicken – Substitute for cooked chicken breasts if you already have cooked chicken on hand.
- Velveeta Cheese – Want to add more spiciness? Try out Velveeta’s Mexican cheese.
- Cream Cheese – To cut down on calories, use low-fat or fat free cream cheese.
- Rotel – Replace with a can of diced tomatoes and one of chopped green chilies if you can’t find Rotel.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – Swap out for cream of celery or onion if need be.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – Can’t find Cream of Chicken? Double up on Cream of Mushroom and add in some chicken broth instead.
- Spices – Garlic powder, onion powder, and Creole seasoning.
- Shredded Cheese – I use a combination of Mozzarella cheese and Cheddar Cheese. Use a sharp cheddar, for a stronger flavor.
How To Make Chicken Spaghetti
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While you wait, cook your spaghetti until it is al dente. Drain it and set it aside.
- Debone your chicken and shred it. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set this aside as well.
- Using the pot from your spaghetti, add in your Velveeta cheese, cream cheese, Rotel tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup.
- Stir over a medium heat until everything has combined completely. Add in your garlic powder, onion powder and Creole Seasoning and stir well.
- Add your spaghetti and shredded chicken to the cheese sauce. Toss well, making sure to mix thoroughly. Add to your lightly greased 13×9” casserole dish.
- Cover evenly with mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese before placing in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until you can see it bubbling around the edges. Remove and serve with salt and pepper as needed.
What should I serve with Chicken Spaghetti?
Thanks to its cheesy texture, this casserole is perfect for pairing with golden garlic bread and a refreshing, light side salad (I recommend an Italian chopped salad), all depending on your mood.
Can I make Chicken Spaghetti ahead of time?
The answer is YES! You can make this casserole any time you want, and freeze it before baking for up to 3 months. After pulling it out of the freezer, pop it in the oven for 45 minutes at 375°F, or until it’s heated all the way through.
How do I store leftovers?
The best way to store this casserole is in an air-tight container – if this is done correctly, it will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat it, just pop it back in the oven at 350°F until it’s warm, or in the microwave at 1 minute intervals.
Best Casserole Tips
- For this recipe, try and break up your spaghetti into smaller, bite-sized pieces. This makes it much easier to enjoy.
- Cooking your spaghetti until it’s al dente is very important for this recipe, since the pasta is cooked in the oven and soaks up some of the sauce. Test your pasta 2-3 minutes before the package says it should be done, and take it off the heat 1-2 minutes early.
- For my gluten-free families, switch this out with any gluten-free pasta of your choice!
- Add in some bell peppers to pack in more veggies. This is a great trick for kids who are picky eaters, because the cheese sauce will help make the veggies more appealing.
- For the best melted cheese, make sure to grate it yourself straight from the block. This makes for better melting.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, pin this to your favorite casserole Pinterest board and share it on your favorite social media channels!
Whether you need an easy to make dinner idea for a busy night or just want to cook something that the whole family will love, this Chicken Spaghetti casserole recipe is it! With tasty chicken, tender spaghetti, and a flavorful, Creole seasoned sauce, this is a fan favorite for families to share.
- 1 (16 ounce) package of spaghetti
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, bones removed, meat shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package of Velveeta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken, shred or dice, and set aside.
- In a large pot, you can use the one you cooked the pasta in, combine the Velveeta, cream cheese, Rotel, and condensed soups.
- Stir to combine and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the cheese is melted and everything is combined.
- Add the spices and stir well.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti noodles and the shredded chicken. Toss to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve hot with salad and garlic bread if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 865mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and we can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
Craving More Casseroles?
BestCasseroleRecipes.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourages and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.