Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, not your mothers tuna casserole. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Remove from water; peel and chop. Cook pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time; drain. Reserving drippings in skillet, remove bacon to drain on paper towels.
Not Your Mothers Tuna Casserole is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Not Your Mothers Tuna Casserole is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have not your mothers tuna casserole using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Not Your Mothers Tuna Casserole:
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter (for rouxe)
- Prepare 2 tbsp flour
- Take 4 cup milk or light cream
- Make ready 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- Make ready 1 tsp salt, optional or to taste
- Make ready 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- Make ready 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Make ready 1 tbsp butter (for mushrooms)
- Make ready 2 can tuna (or 1/2 lb fresh tuna is much better but expensive)
- Prepare 1 lb egg noodles
- Take 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Get 2 lb baby bella mushrooms, diced small (or mushrooms of your choice)
This is NOT your mother's tuna casserole! We promise this is a hit in every household we had test the recipe! The recipe comes from GardenInTheKitchen.com and we are sharing this with everyone thanks to it's creator, Silvia Ribas! Stir orzo and half-and-half into cheese mixture.
Instructions to make Not Your Mothers Tuna Casserole:
- pre heat oven to 375
- add butter and flour in a sauce pan. stir over medium low heat until it just starts to brown. be careful, it burns fast!
- slowly wisk in milk, add salt, pepper, and fresh nutmeg.
- in a saute pan cook the mushrooms in the butter and thyme for 8 to 10 minutes, until all the liquid is out of them. it will significantly reduce.
- cook egg noodles until just under done.
- drain tuna until very dry. break apart any chunks with a fork. (if using fresh tuna, pan sear bite size chunks in a small amount of olive oil for this step)
- once milk mixture thickens to a beshumel (milk sauce) consistency, add mushrooms with all the liquid. if it thins out too much then let it continue to cook until thick again.
- add tuna to milk sauce. stir well. combine with noodles in a baking disk, top with panko bread crumbs. bake until crispy and brown on top.
- tip: if you cook the egg noodles until they are done you can just place the casserole under the broiler for a few minutes but watch it carefully!
- this recipe is for a home made cream of mushroom soup. you can substitute for canned but once you try it this was you'll NEVER go back! especially with fresh tuna! yum!
The recipe comes from GardenInTheKitchen.com and we are sharing this with everyone thanks to it's creator, Silvia Ribas! Stir orzo and half-and-half into cheese mixture. Mix spinach, tuna, dill, salt, and pepper into orzo mixture; pour into the prepared baking dish. Top tuna-orzo mixture with Parmesan cheese. Cover dish tightly with an oven-proof lid or aluminum foil.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food not your mothers tuna casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!