Breakfast Casserole. A hearty overnight bacon breakfast casserole that is sure to please everyone for breakfast or brunch. This make-ahead breakfast casserole recipe can be prepped all the night before, and contains the classic breakfast favorites–eggs, bacon, cheese, and brioche. They're so versatile — choose between savory sausage casseroles or sweet French toast casseroles and everything in between.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce and pour evenly over sausage mixture. Chock-full of veggies and melted cheese, this comforting and colorful egg bake has become a brunch classic. For a tasty variation, try substituting asparagus for the broccoli and Swiss cheese for the cheddar. You can have Breakfast Casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Casserole
- It’s 12 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 lb of ground breakfast sausage or bacon.
- You need 1 packages of diced or shredded frozen potatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s pinch of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Shredded Mild Cheese.
This casserole is perfect for a special brunch. It combines the spices of the Southwest with the comfort of a hearty breakfast. You can spice it up by adding cayenne and hot peppers, or mellow it by replacing the tomatoes and green chilies with mild salsa. It's versatile and easy—no wonder it's a longtime family favorite.
Breakfast Casserole step by step
- Sauté onion and sausage/diced bacon in a pan with oil for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- While onions are sautéing whisk salt, pepper, milk and eggs in a large bowl until well incorporated..
- Coat a 9×13 baking or casserole dish spray or coat with oil or cooking spray. Add potatoes to bottom of pan..
- Add 1/2 of cheese on top of potatoes, followed by meat and onion mixture..
- Next pour in eggs and top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes on 375°F..
A breakfast casserole is one of the most delicious ways to start the day. Whether you're a sweet person who prefers a baked French toast or fruit-filled pancake casserole, or a savory person who likes a hearty sausage-and-grits casserole, cheesy frittata, or enchiladas, we've got a breakfast casserole you'll love. The Best Breakfast Casserole is a thick and creamy egg base with shredded potatoes, chunks of ham and flavorful cheese blends that bakes up in no time. Make ahead or enjoy the morning of during the holidays! Prep these make-ahead breakfasts before bed, and just pop them in the oven when you wake up for effortless hosting.