Chili Con Carne.
You can cook Chili Con Carne using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Con Carne
- Prepare 500 gr of minced beef (90% lean).
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 2 Tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 Tbsp of chili powder or according to taste.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of canned tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 180 ml of beef broth.
- You need 1 can (425 g) of / 15 oz) canned diced tomatoes (small cubes).
- It’s 1 can (225 g) of / 8 oz) canned tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (450 g) of / 16 oz) canned kidney beans.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- You need of grated cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Asadero, Quesa Quesadilla).
- You need of sour cream.
- You need of green onions, thinly sliced.
Chili Con Carne step by step
- Heat the olive oil. Sauté the onion until fragrant..
- Add the minced meat. Cook until it changes color (6-7 minutes)..
- Season with cumin, chili powder, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper, and sugar. Stir well..
- Add beef broth, canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and red beans. Cook until boiling..
- Turn down the heat. Continue to cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust to taste..
- Remove from the heat. Place it in a serving bowl. Top with grated cheese, sour cream, and sliced green onions. Yum😋.